The balloons will be flying each morning of the event from Innes Common. This is a wonderful opportunity to get up close to the balloons and watch the teams in action as they prepare the balloons for flight. There is nothing more majestic than watching the balloons leave the ground and soar across the City.
The balloons will fly from 7.00am on the mornings of Tuesday 17th March - Saturday 21st March 2020, weather dependent.
For full list of events, check out our Festival Schedule here.
Admission to this wonderful event is free!
In the interests of spectator safety we will be closing the road through Innes Common to vehicles between 5.30am and 10.30am each morning of the Festival (unless flights and other activities are cancelled due to poor weather). This closure incorporates Lake Domain Drive from just after the Innes Common entrance to the Killarney Road intersection. You will need to use an alternative route on these mornings if this is the one you normally use.
Free parking is available at Innes Common. Entry is via the Allison Street end of Lake Crescent. There is no vehicle access permitted on either field other than balloon vehicles.
Weather permitting, the Balloons will fly from 7.00am onwards on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. On Saturday, the Balloons will compete in the Cash Grab competition and will launch from the other side of Innes Common (by the trees) in the hopes of catching the correct breeze to carry them over the target!
A decision on whether flying can occur is made each morning. Please keep an eye on our Facebook page for up to the minute updates.
Balloon Rides - with Kiwi Balloon Company
Bookings Open Now!
· Rides cost $390.00 per adult
· $310 per child (7 - 12 years) Minimum age is 7 years old and they must be over 1.1metres (as you are not able to hold your child whilst in the basket)
· Flights last approximately 30 minutes
· Flights will take off from Innes Common at approximately 7:30am each day between the 17th and 21st of March 2020
· Passengers will be expected to check in for their flights by 7am at the Hamilton i-SITE desk situated at Innes Common
· Flights are weather dependant and subject to availability. Times may vary from above due to weather
All flights are booked through the Hamilton i-SITE Visitor Centre. To make a booking, simply call 07 958 5960 or email firstname.lastname@example.org