The following information is provided by the Ministry of Health
The following people should not attend events:
- anyone who is unwell
- anyone arriving in New Zealand who has returned from, or transited through, mainland China, Iran, northern Italy or the Republic of Korea, or been in close contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days are being asked to self-isolate. Please also register your details with Healthline 0800 358 5453(or +64 9 358 5453 if using an international SIM) if you have not already.
How to minimise the risk of getting sick at an event
The most important thing to do is practice good hygiene. This means:
- covering coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or coughing/sneezing into your elbow
- disposing of used tissues appropriately in a bin
- washing hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water and drying them thoroughly, or using hand sanitiser:
- before eating or handling food
- after using the toilet
- after coughing, sneezing, blowing your nose or wiping children’s noses
- after touching public surfaces
- trying to keep a metre away from people who are unwell
- limiting alcohol and drug use (as this may affect your ability to adequately follow the advice above).
The measures above are especially important for people who have existing health conditions, such as those with diabetes, renal failure, chronic lung disease or who are immunocompromised.